Board of Directors
To better serve the size and diversity of Crystal Falls homeowners its HOA has two groups of homeowner volunteers that work together with a dedicated CFHOA staff and a management company to serve the community. These two groups are the Board of Directors and the Voting Representatives.
The Board of Directors is a group of five homeowners who volunteer their time and skill sets to oversee the management of the association and its finances. Some of their many responsibilities include the operation of the association, maintaining the common areas, planning for and managing improvements to the community, working with the HOA office and management company and insuring the financial stability of the association. These homeowners graciously serve three year terms and meet the third Thursday of each month.
Meet your Board Members
Want to email the entire Board of Directors? Click HERE!
Crystal Falls is a safe place we all can be proud to call home, a community of friendly, caring, and respectful neighbors cooperating to protect the value of our properties and relationships.
Board Mission Statement
The mission of the board of Crystal Falls is to preserve and enhance the properties of our community by maintaining all common ground areas and upholding our Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CCR’s) and policies. The Board will serve the Homeowners by taking a fair, ethical and objective approach in representing the interest of all Homeowners. Crystal Falls will be maintained as a safe, friendly, and enjoyable place to live for all residents.
Board Principles & Guidelines
- Utilize the experience of all Board members to make and implement responsible decisions and to be good stewards regarding the use of funds and assets belonging to the HOA. Conduct all business with transparency and consistency.
- Uphold the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CCR’s) and policies of the HOA by taking a fair, consistent, ethical and objective approach in representing all Homeowners to ensure that all additions/changes to properties in the community will preserve and /or enhance the value of our properties as a whole.
- Treat every issue which comes before the Board with respect. Work with residents in a professional, objective, ethical manner and resolve or respond to requests in a timely manner. Resolutions and responses will be clearly communicated to affected parties.
- Protect and enhance the value of our community by maintaining all common areas.
- Communicate with Homeowners in a timely manner through appropriate mediums, and facilitate opportunities for activities promoting a close-knit neighborly community that works together for the good of all.